The Santa Barbara Half Marathon & 5k Fun Run
Presented by: American Riviera Bank
38th Running in 2018
*We are in no way affilliated with the santa barbara international/veterans day marathon, race cancelation or the overdue refunds.
Saturday June 23th, 2018
We have a winner for the slogan contest !! We think you'll like it !!
2018 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN !! --- FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: SBHALFMARATHON
*Copyright 2018 SB Timing llc.
Registration for 2018 is now OPEN
5k (price increase 11/1 - $30, 1/1 - $35, 6/1 - $40)
1/2 Marathon (Price increase 11/1 - $70, 1/1 - $80, 4/1 - $90, 6/1 $100)
10 Week Training Program for the Santa Barbara Half Marathon
We are training for the Santa Barbara Half Marathon! Grab a friend or two and come join the fun. New runners welcomed and encouraged to join. Take a step to accomplish an amazing goal, build your fitness, shed any extra pounds you’ve got hanging around your waist-line, enjoy a motivating, group experience and make the most of your Spring in 2018!
1. Two group training sessions per week! Tuesdays at 6:00 PM, Saturday or Sunday (depends on week) 7:00 AM
2. An individualized training program for you to follow throughout the program. This will provide a day-by-day schedule for you to follow based on your current fitness and experience level.
3. Our Weekend Workouts will include various extra bonuses including a Running Form Clinic and a Fitness Nutrition Clinic.
4. We will incorporate core training into our group workouts and will consistently work on core and form throughout.
5. You will receive a take home package including nutritional and training resources along with a blank training log where you’ll keep track of your daily mileage and activity.
6. The Santa Barbara Half marathon is providing all participants with a training t-shirt! Woo hoo!!! We will train in style!
7. Your program coach will offer email support to you for any questions or concerns you have during the program.
8. Race day prep and coaching all the way to the finish line!
9. The Intangibles – group camaraderie, drinking in the momentum that comes from an organized training experience, the development of friendships and training buddies, a sense of accomplishment, all of the physical and mental benefits that come from this level of running and training, and the list goes on!
For this training program, athletes ideally should be able to run (or run/walk) at least 5-6 miles – We are offering a FREE Pre-Program Base Build weekly run, available to anyone signed up for this program (and will be offered to all race participants). Sign up now and start building your base! This is going to be EPIC!
Packet Pick up on
Friday the 22nd at the race site
Saturday morning at the race
Saturday June 23th Start Times
7:30am 1/2 Marathon
*Due to course restricitions and the safety of all participants ALL walkers must begin at this time.
Leadbetter Beach Park - Santa Barbara
Participant parking is available in the Santa Barbara City College lower parking lots. All other lots are paid parking.
Logo design contest is open !!
To have a great race in Santa Barbara.
The race benefits the Santa Barbara Youth Symphony Education Fund
Note: hunting for 1976 results, but popsicle stick records are hard to find.
* These times are for reference purposes only as we are using the orginal course.
Contact and More
To volunteer, inquire about sponsorship opportunities or other inquiries please contact:
Paul Williams - Race Director
*this postcard picture was taken circ. 1976...